Skip to main content

Timber!

As summer flies by things continue to be busy over here. Along with the endless list that needs to be tackled on our house, Nick's also been helping his sister, Jessie, with her new house and has been spending a lot of time over there working on getting her new furnaces set up. There's a lot going on and it's easy to get overwhelmed by everything that needs to get done, but we're slowly making progress!

We got our new refrigerator a few weeks ago and I love it! The one that came with the house had been vandalized by the previous owner, and it was also a style we really hated because it had such limited space. We got a 'door-in-door' style, and I love how big the freezer is and how many extra shelves the fridge has!

I've been making decent progress on the back bluff, clearing brush and unearthing more pathways. I had a bit of a setback though, when I realized I was highly reactive to poison oak! Both of my legs are covered in it right now and the itchiness is driving me nuts!

We also removed a couple smaller trees, to make way for a big one that needed to come down. This one was a beast of a white pine and it was too close to the house. During the big storm we had earlier this summer some of it broke off and damaged our roof. It also made a huge, sappy mess by our back door-making the patio area unusable. We had a friend, who does tree work in his spare time, take it down and that was quite the event!